Queensland Fire Museum is run by the Fire Brigade’s Historical Society Queensland Inc.
There are over a dozen vehicles housed and on display, including a V8 1963 Dodge that was originally from the Beaudesert Urban Fire Brigade, and a Dennis Turntable Ladder (38.2m) Car 49, which came into service 1956 at Ann St Fire Station and remained in service until 1984.
Other memorabilia on show features over 300 helmets and uniforms, artefacts, photographs, badges & patches, and historical documents. Plus, there’s a gift shop on-site to find that perfect gift or one-of-a-kind souvenir.
Entry to the museum is by gold coin donation which will help us achieve ours goals with restoring and maintaining a historically significant collection of fire appliances and related equipment.
Old Petrie Town is managed by the Y Brisbane